WE L85A2 Open Chamber Gas Blow Back GBB Rifle
Fully & Semi Automatic Shooting Mode
Steel / Aluminum / Nylon Fiber Construction
- Open Bolt System<-- Makes this gun operate more realistic
- Heavy Blowback recoil System
- Steel Receiver and Carry Handle
- Aluminum Outer Barrel
- Nylon Fiber Handguard, Pistol Grip, Cheek Piece With Rubber Stock Pad
- Grip storage for tool kit
Adjustable HOPUP System
Carry Handle integrated with Rear Iron Sights
M4 Type Magazine accommodate 30 rounds 6mm airsoft plastic BB
Aluminum Made 14mm Counter-Clockwise Flash Hider
Sling mount can be installed with any single, 2- or 3- point tactical sling
Remember to check out our Store for accessories
SKU WE-GBB-L85A2-OC Item Weight (gram) 4030 Major Color Black Length 795mm Barrel Length ~440mm Blow Back Yes Hop-up Adjustable Shooting Mode Semi/Fully Automatic Magazine Capacity 30 Rounds Bullet Type 6mm BB Pistol Power Source HFC134a & HFC22 Gas Power (Muzzle Velocity) 410FPS (Top Gas Test @ 25°C Room Temperature) Manufacturer WE-Tech Package Includes
- WE L85A2 Open Chamber Gas Blow Back GBB Rifle
- 30 rounds Metal Gas Magazine
- Instruction Manual
- Original Box
Write Your Own Review
Value Quality Priceon 8/28/12
Being the only bullpup GBBR on the market WE has a lot of expectations for every GBBR user out there. Here is my review on the WE L85.
My personal WE L85 is currently fitted with the WE L85 RIS kit so I will do a comparison of both stock vs railed.
Short reivew Version:
FPS when tested around 470-500fps
- Nice externals
- Good chrisp blowback action
- Materials are a mix of aluminum and some other metals.
- Short Trigger
- Little to no wobble on the whole gun except the front handguard very slight wobble
- Only Bullpup GBBR
- Well balanced
- Easy to get used to
- Cheek rest removable to install a newer more cushioned one.
- Pretty darn accurate
- Easy to take apart / Re-assemble its literally two Pins you need to push out.
- The mag well has a lot of play with the mag inserted if anyone is running like mad or shaking the gun a lot there will be a potential for it to fall out.
- the top carrying handle can be removed to reveal a 17mm proprietary rail. Luckily it can be removed by a few screws
- The bolt release takes a lot of effort to press down to release the bolt and even more so to hold the bold in place.
- The FPS was way too high for any indoor or outdoor game. This may be due to the fact I added in TOP gas but you may need to buy an NPAS or find some trick to make it not use all the gas vented.
- Loud as crap because your ear is beside where the action takes place , personally I don't mind but you do go deaf after firing full auto for a whole clip.
The WE L85 GBBR currently the only bullpup GBB on the market with that in mind WE has done a fantastic job at making it. The stock L85 has a good amount of recoil that can felt but not overpowering the user. The externals on the gun are the best so far on any L85 GBB or AEG. The materials on the gun is a mix of aluminum and some other metal with the major parts such as the bolt and heavy stained parts being made of a thicker denser metal. The front hand guard on the L85 is standard play no issues there, the materials used for it are really nice and feel very durable. I have replaced my front hand guard with the Madbull Daniel Defense RIS but the WE version which has the caliber on the rail instead of saying for airsoft training only on the Madbull one. I would suggest everyone to go out to get the Madbull RIS instead because as soon as I got this gun I wanted to attach a lot of accessories onto it, plus it make it look way better. During the process of replacing my front handguard with the newer one I ran into the issue where the gas block has a little push in tab that keeps the front metal piece that holds the front iron sight and barrel together very hard to get off. So hard infact that when I applied a little force to turn the piece to remove it that 2/4 of the little slits to turn the piece broke off. So far this is the only really frail part of the gun I have found everything else is pretty durable. Also after I installed the new RIS the felt recoil on the gun went up quite a bit. The trigger on the L85 is super short and takes but a slight pull to engage which I think is the best for a GBBR however the only issue I can see with that is some people might accidentally discharge it. Also the cheek rest can be removed and replace with others such as a more comfortable cheek rest. The carrying handle is also removable revealing a small proprietary rail on the top which thankfully can be taken off by removing a few screws on top then you can replace it with your own standard rail instead. The internals of the gun is an amazing feat in itself the internals have a giant gap between the trigger and the action group of the gun which is fine because the top of the gun has a lot of the other important parts.
Would I recommend this gun to others? Yes I would everyone that wants a fun practical and well balanced gun should get this. However if you want a gun with heavier recoil in its stock form I suggest you to get a WE 416 or G39 those have significantly better felt recoil.
Externals - 4.5/5
Internals - 5/5
Performance - 5/5
Customibility - 4/5
Overall - 4.5/5